A weekly practice of interconnection.
EggSpace is a small spiritual practice group that meets weekly in Portland, Oregon. Together we are creating a deeply connected, playful, rich, enlivening experience of togetherness.
Our goal is to create and practice a culture of connection – one where we start with the assumption that we are connected already, and we are coming together to remember, rediscover, and practice this awareness.
Each session is different and based on what we arrive with and what arises between us that day.
We aim to be fully present to ourselves and each other at the same time, and report on anything that gets in the way of full presence so it can be attended to.
We work from questions, such as:
- How would we like to get here: present and with each other?
- What is here–what energies or needs are in the room today? How do we attend to these?
- What is emerging and where does it want to go?
- How would we like to complete our time together?
Along the way we encounter and work with new questions that arise, such as:
- How do you honor your individual needs and stay in awareness of connection with others?
- What type of woundedness do you bring–and in what ways do you tend to perceive reality and people’s intentions when you operate from your conditioning?
- How do we welcome new members into our already-connected group?
- How do we document our process without creating dogma?
- How do we bring this sense of connectedness into the rest of our lives, where there aren’t explicit agreements about how we relate?
We talk, we listen, we move our bodies. We experiment with somatic representations of what is arising and what is needed. We attend to each other, we witness each other, we laugh and cry. We get to know each other, we share our humanity. We encourage each other in fully expressing and embodying our aliveness. We create present-moment awareness of our inherent interconnectedness.
Each time we meet, we discover each other anew.
The more connected we get the more we heal from our culture of isolation and find the sense of tribe we all need to be happy human beings. From this felt sense of interconnectedness and belonging, group intelligence and a sense of the Sacred arises.
As we come into the present moment experience of each other, we enter the realm of magic, play, flow, and mystery. We experience viscerally being part of a larger Self that moves through us all. We all experience and name this differently; but the experience is something we all seek. And we can create it, together.
Right now we are meeting at my house on Sundays from 1-3pm. Contact me if you want to join us.
EggSpace grew out of my frustration with traditional churches (even New-Agey ones) where spiritual practice consists of sitting in chairs watching a performance. That doesn’t do it for me. Equally, sitting in silent meditation for an hour does not meet my needs for creativity and play. I want to have fun! I want to learn and grow. And I want a community that I am deeply connected with that also enjoys these things. Read more